Thursday, October 13, 2011

upholstery tacks, thumbtacks, nailhead trim and magical unicorns

Photobucket

Those little upholstery tacks are trickier to install then I initially thought. I'll be patient just this once being that this is my first ever attempt. Let's just say that if it all works out then for sure we have the power of magic unicorns on our side..love it when that happens.

Upholstering a cheap piece of furniture on the other hand luckily was so much easier. I will give you the easy run down when I am finished.

I know they make upholstery tack strips but of course I had to have the ones that coned out a little more and looked a little bit edgier.

There are so many ideas out there on how to make cool designs using tacks...I am not saying you should go and try to tack everything you see now but there are certainly some fun things out there to inspire.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Have you ever conquered a project like the above?

For the original sources go to my Pinboard.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never used nailhead trim yet (although my brother and I once spraypainted about 300 brass thumbtacks to make a 'nailhead' trimmed headboard of him!). I have a very cheap little square white table sitting at home that I have plans to outline in nailheads. Can't wait to see how my patience goes with that project! :)

Loving your desk project!

L.A. in the bay said...

Love nailhead trim. Gorgeous!

Anna White said...

Looking pretty darn good so far! And totally agree with the fiddly side of using nailhead..I have a huge bunch that I plan to use...but just haven't decided "what" exactly Im going to hammer away at just yet.
Loving all these examples...just awesome! Have a great weekend lovely x

alison giese Interiors said...

I've never attempted nailhead on my own. I'd be afraid my patience would wear thin half-way through the project!
That couch, though - oh my! And the GREEN DOOR!!!

Launa said...

It's looking so good so far! The trim on that door....amazing!
I tried nailhead trim on a design on our wall, it sort of worked out. Here is the link to it if you want to check it out....
http://aplaceandaspace.blogspot.com/2011/08/400-holes-in-wall.html

pam {simple details} said...

I'm dying to see your finished project, it looks fabulous! Awesome inspiration, too, I'll wait until you give us your tips!

kelleyp said...

tacktastic!
just watch out for your fingers when nailing in the tacks!
Kelley

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your project is looking so nice - can't wait to learn more. Very nice inspiration photo's too! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

bazaarofserendipity said...

Oh my goodness! Loving the table! Cant wait to see the final result!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

oh yea! It's pretty cool on the doors. It's cool everywhere actually. I do like the ones you chose a lot- bad ass yet tailored.

Unknown said...

It's going to be marvelous!

Laura said...

Your project is going to look amazing! I love the photo with the tacks on the wall - so fun!

Samantha said...

Can't wait to see it when you're done.

Are you nailing in a skirt? (I have cleaned ovens in white pants.)